Thursday, February 3, 2011

Moral Dilemmas of eating

I'm new to the Pittsburgh Women's Blogging Society. I thought I'd start by sharing a recent post from my blog Einstein's Desk (or at least the start of the post...)

We already dealt with the moral dilemma I have around eating meat while self identifying as a vegetarian. That one took more than a year for me to reconcile myself with.

I faced another one this weekend in Philly, one with broader implications.

Encouraged and enticed by numerous food network specials, including one of my favorites Diners Drive-ins and Dives, a taste off between Pat’s Steaks and Geno’s Steaks in Philadelphia’s Little Italy has been on our familial bucket list for-EVA.

Driven by my recent personal commitment to move the BL forward and enabled by a soon to expire groupon to Eastern State Penitentiary, we set off for Philly this weekend with Pat and Geno’s finally on our schedule.

I tweeted it…

I was immediately met with a barrage of tweets asking “you aren’t really going to eat at Geno’s are you??” And my bff in Doylestown informed me about the brouhaha over a sign at Gino’s “encouraging” non English speakers to go elsewhere.

Uh Oh.

Please visit Einstien's Desk for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment