Friday, September 7, 2007

MiLadies of Lawrenceville

I've lived in Lawrenceville for 6+ years, during the course of which I've met lots of interesting, funny, hard working & hard living women. It occurred to me that many of them travel in different circles, so most likely, didn't know each other.

I invited several to the first-ever MiLadies of Lawrenceville Happy Hr., which took place in my backyard. 15 of us blabbed it up last night, from dusk to 11 p.m. [Aside: candles on the picnic table are a very flattering light source]. Some showed up in their work duds, some in their work out clothes, others in cut off shorts & t-shirts. I served a very delish drink. [Aside: the glasses were rimmed with crushed graham crackers].

The best part was women meeting others who live just a few blocks away, or one street over. We had plenty of stuff in common, living in Lawrenceville provides lots of fodder. And we had plenty of stuff not in common, which kept it lively.

Crass jokes, Lawrenceville gossip, dissection of local politics, news, the media - it was all going on. [Aside: for some unknown reason we have quite a few former & current reporters living in Lawrenceville, hence the media gab-a-thon].

The MiLadies loved it. I'll do it again in a few months, mixing it up with some new MiLadies.

No comments:

Post a Comment