Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Agent Ska Checks In

The excitement is mounting, I'm sure. I've been obsessively checking blogposts and downloading vodcasts all day.

I have been informed or found out the following information throughout the day:

1. There is a sign outside of Luke's polling place saying, "No Photography Inside the Polling Place".

Here is the content of an e-mail I received:

"So at the Mayor's polling place on the Northside there is a sign that says "no photography inside the polling place." A number of folks had used video and still photography last year to document problems in polling places. I just called 1-866-Our-Vote to find out if this is legal and the answer was that there is no provision in state law protecting the right to take photographs, and though it is not explicitly forbidden either, its up to the election judge to set the rules. So it appears they can do this and I am betting its in response to our efforts last year. He suggested that next year we contact the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights to arrange something in advance. Next year the Mayor's race again so it will likely be rather contentious and the machine probably be in full force. Folks may want to think about this...."

2. According to a commenter on an old post I wrote about Dan Deasy, Ryan and his friends got drunk one night and stole all of Dan Deasy's signs on one particular street. The commenter wrote in all caps locks, included were spelling and grammatical mistakes. A spokesperson if ever there were one. Link here.

"john said...
I HEARD SOMETHING THAT REALLY BOTHERS ME AND I DO NOT NO IF IT IS TRUE OR NOT BUT HERE IT GOES.WHERE DAN LIVES THERE WERE A LOT OF VOTE FOR DEASY SIGNS IN PEOPLES YARDS AND ONE VOTE FOR RYAN DOUGLAS SIGN ON THE SAME STREET AND THE OTHER NIGHT SOMEBODY STOLE ALL THE DEASY SIGNS AND THE ONLY SIGN LEFT WAS A RYAN DOUGLAS SIGN.I HEAR RYAN AND A FEW FRIENDS WENT OUT ONE NIGHT AND STOLE THEM SIGNS FROM DANS NEIGHBORS.IF THAT IS TRUE YOU NEED TO GROW UP."

Classic.

3. Obama's Spicy Chili recipe is winning the CNN poll for "Presidential Recipe that you would most want to try". Link Here. (Scroll down to "Quick Vote").

4. The Obama camp is alleging voting machine problems in Philly. (Link).

"According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, several machines were malfunctioning in the city, leading one local candidates campaign to allege "dirty tricks" were the cause."

5. Italy wants Barack Obama to win.

6. My CNN Vodcasts are not downloading. Help.

7. Some of you may remember Schultz- the online DeSantis organizer extroadinaire. He now has a youtube channel with footage of various events. Check it out here.

Go Vote! Yay!

I'll have a breakfast party here. Complete with extra jelly and hot chocolate.

Ciao!

Agent Ska

P.S. Agent Ska has a date with an international bodyguard tomorrow night. I'm not joking...and you thought that "Secret Agent" name was a joke. Think again, friends.  I just thought I would share that one.


4 comments:

  1. There was a sign on my polling place door in Shadyside forbidding pictures. A first that I've ever noticed.
    I worked the polls for 20 some years. There were always, always problems with the old machines. Much more so than with the new computerized ones.
    I don't remember a time when all were in working order. One or two were always jammed.
    It seems to me the system they are using now is much better.
    But hey,that's just my observation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was in the suburbs. i didn't see any no photo signs there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish someone would send me a picture...

    ReplyDelete